As some of you may know, I was at the Oliviers last night, covering them for Broadwayworld. I'll post the links to my articles in my next entry (later tonight, as I have to run now), but I thought it would be fun to list my top ten moments from this epic awards ceremony.
1. Aneurin Barnard's massively affectionate nature - lots of hugs and kisses from this gorgeous boy. Swoon.
2. Katori Hall's squeals of joy after winning Best New Play, which continued through all her press interviews.
3. David Harewood feeling it necessary to interrupt my interviews with both gorgeous, fabulous Lorraine Burroughs and Katori - but I didn't care, because he is lovely.
4. Chatting with the lovely Katherine Parkinson about our time at the same school, ending with "she's seven years younger than me. Fuck off! Tiffin forever..."
5. Ramin Karimloo and Duncan James exchanging numbers in the middle of my interview with the latter, and a 'luvvie' kiss on the lips between the two. Oh, the fantasies of a million women, etc.
6. Finally managing to corner Duncan for a professional chat after a decade of crush. He is alarmingly beautiful up close. Ahem.
7. Margaret Tyzack making me LOL repeatedly with her tart wit and hilarious observations. She's still got it.
8. Russell Watson vaulting the press ropes to talk to meeeee and only meeeee. Joy.
9. Ruth Wilson looking insanely gorgeous and giving good copy, as usual. And "you again! I know you!"
10. Shaking Mark Rylance's hand. Squee.